My life has taken on an eerie calm the past few weeks. I’m still very busy and have some situations that make me shake my head, but this time I am laughing about them, pretty hard too. But the chaotic, frenzied pace I was living has taken a backseat to fun, peace and writing, lots of writing. Work is chaotic, busier than ever, but in a good way. I can handle that. Family illnesses are still very much a reality but I am now able to be the strong person that they need me to be.
I have to say the biggest reason my life has calmed down is that my ex and I, aka The Complicated One, have come to peaceful terms. We have developed a unique friendship where we actually enjoy spending time together, just talking. When we were together we enjoyed each other too, but we didn’t work as a couple, we work better as friends. I think I’m one of the few people, maybe even the only person, who gets him. It was not an easy road to get to this point, but somehow we did. I am still guarded, but he has slowly, through his actions, earned my trust and my friendship. Once you earn my friendship you have me for life. It is still strange how it all worked out, but I do believe the old adage that people come into your life for a reason or a season. Embrace them, even if it is only for a moment in time.
So on this day that we give thanks here in the United States I have so much that I am thankful for:
- My family. They are always there and I love them more than words could express.
- My friends. I have the absolute best inner circle that surround me and love me, no matter what. I love each and every one of them.
- My job. After I lost my old job of fourteen years I was transferred into a new department and now work for the best boss I could ever hope for, great coworkers and work that I love doing.
- My writing. Pain helped me discover my voice and passion and with the encouragement of a dear friend I jumped in and it has brought me great happiness.
- My exes. Yes, I said it. I harbor no ill will against anyone that has shared my life. I can say with all honesty even though some breakups have been hard, really hard on me, I cherish the moments with each and every one. Some more than others 😉
- My health. I love working out and am happy and thankful that I have good health that allows me to do so.
- My followers and readers. I am thankful for all who read, comment and follow me on my journey with my blog. I am humbled by it all and it is nothing I take for granted. I stay true to my words and I appreciate the lift that so many of you give me to keep writing. The WordPress blogging community is absolutely amazing.
- My life. There were so many times I questioned if I could go on and not break down completely, but I know I have a purpose, reasons to be here. I am not perfect, my life is not perfect, but it is mine and I am thankful that I realize that I am worth it. We are all worth it, no matter how dark things may seem.
Have a beautiful day everyone and thank you for following and reading.